Little Gail London and her friend Joel Quarrel are out on a cold and lonely morning at the end of summer, when they make the find of the century: a dead plesiosaur, the size of a two-ton truck, washed up on the sand. With the fog swirling about them, they make their plans, fight to defend their discovery, and face for the first time the enormity of mortality itself… all unaware of what else might be out there in the silver water of Lake Champlain.
First publication: Shadow Show: All New Stories In Celebration Of Ray Bradbury
Author(s): Joe Hill
Comic: Shadow Show (By Silver Water of Lake Champlain, one-shot)
The books, magazines and/or collections in which these titles are also published:
· Shadow Show: All New Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury (Gauntlet Publications)
· Broadside: By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain (Supterranean Press)
· Full Throttle
The book/story is published with these cover(s):
(Click image to see full cover)
Information about edition(s):
· Gauntlet’s limited edition was available in 4 formats: A signed by the editors #50, a regular signed limited of #500, a deluxe signed limited of #500 and lettered traycased of #52.
· The broadside from Subterranean Press had a run of #224 signed and #26 lettered.
The story starts as follows:
The robot shuffled clanck-clanck into the pitch dark of the bedroom, then stood staring down at the humans. The female human groaned and rolled away and folded a pillow over her head.
“Gail, honey,” said the male, licking dry lips. “mother has a headache. can you take that noise out of here?”
“I CAN PROVIDE A STIMULATING CUP OF COFFEE,” boomed the robot in an emotionless voice.
‘Tell her to get out, Raymond,” said the female. “My head is exploding.”
“Go on, Gail. You can hear mother isn’t herself,” said the male.
“YOU ARE INCORRECT. I HAVE SCANNED HER VITALS,” said the robot. “I HAVE IDENTIFIED HER AS SYLVIA LONDON. SHE IS HERSELF.”
The robot tilted her head to one side, inquistively, waiting for more data. The pot on her head fell off and hit the floor with a great steely crash.
· By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain (Creepshow 2019 episode)